Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kolo Toure signs!

Manchester City have shocked world football once again, this time by actually signing a defender. Arsenal centre-half Kolo Toure has officially joined the Blues, for a reported £15million.

Hughes really does seem intent on creating a high quality squad of players, rather than just a best eleven and a few others. And it is amazing to think that last summer's key signings, such as Vincent Kompany and Pablo Zabaleta, may not even find a place on the bench, let alone in the starting line-up.

Kolo speaks:

“It is always difficult to leave a place where you have spent the last eight years and had good times but I felt the time was right for a new challenge and I am still at an age, 28, where I feel I am at my peak and will play my best football".

“For me it was time to move but only for the right club and I feel that Manchester City is that club. The ambition here is clear to see and is big. Everyone knows this club is moving and that is really, really important.

“I still want to achieve things and I feel as though I can bring something to City and that is what I will be striving to do. It is not just about quality on the pitch it is about blending as a team and with my experience I think I can help City do just that.”

His comments reflect what other summer signings have said. We are an ambitious club, and a team that's going places. Good times ahead.

A big thanks to the assembled crowd at COMS who were able to secure a picture for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment here - why not put a username so we can refer to your post?