Tuesday, July 14, 2009

But, Yes to Tevez!

Finally, after weeks of delays, the worst-kept secret in football is out — Carlos Tevez is a Manchester City player.

This is a fantastic deal for the club. Not only does it gives us yet another quality, premiership-proven striker, to accompany Santa Cruz and Robinho, it has massive winding-up-Rags value.

Tevez is apparently stoked to have made the switch:
"I'm very happy and excited to be here and I'd like to thank the fans. I can't wait to start working with my new team-mates.

"Money was not the most important thing about my move. I have a coach who wants me and a good fan-base and environment around me. I'm excited about working with Mark Hughes and building a good relationship with him.

"The coach and the owners of the Club made me understand the reality at Manchester City - it was a very important decision for me to make ... it is a bit of a strange sensation for me to be back again in Manchester.

"The objective is to win the League, that is what we have talked about and I'm here to make my contribution to the cause on a daily basis. I'm here to win things and I make that pledge now to my team-mates and our fans.

"I will give everything to help City become one of the biggest and most important clubs in England - and win some trophies. But it is very important to remember that I am just one more player to add to the strength of the squad, one more player working with the coach and my new team-mates to help us win trophies for City."

He should be a great addition to the team, and City can't be too far away from challenging for the top four (or even better) this season. Again, Sydney Blues managed to get an exclusive picture of Carlos at the stadium, with a few of his biggest fans making the journey from London for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment here - why not put a username so we can refer to your post?