Sunday, July 19, 2009

And Yes to Adebayor!

Emmanuel Adebayor becomes the latest player to join the Blue Revolution, according to the Official Site, for a fee believed to be in the region of £25million.

With Carlos Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz already signing this window, for £25m and £18m respectively, that's now over $150million AUD in strikers... and that doesn't include the purchase of Craig Bellamy in the January window. Without European competition this season, the fear is that Hughes might not be able to keep all parties happy. But hey, it's a fantastic situation to have.

It's certainly puts us in a good position to challenge for the Top Four, and Adebayor is adamant that City can do it sooner, rather than later.
"People who think that I have joined City for the money are wrong," he asserted. "If I had made a move for that reason then I would have been playing for Barcelona or Milan last season. They gave me bigger offers than Arsenal did for me to stay."

"I am here because I was impressed by the way the chairman at City spoke to me about the ambition of this club. I want to be part of a club that is aiming to be one of the biggest in the world."

Adebayor, who will join up with his Blues teammates early next week, is adamant that he the Blues can bust into the top four sooner rather than later.

"Why can’t we do that this season," he asked. " have everything we need. Now is better than in two or three years."
For the second time this week, fans made the track to Eastlands to greet another signing. It's not quite the Zapruder films, but as always we have exclusive pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment here - why not put a username so we can refer to your post?